My Blog

...Jessica Leigh...

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Great Things Happening

So these past fews days have been fabulous. I finally got a new job at Bath and Body Works after being tortured and yelled at on the phone for 8 hours a day at a different job that lasted ummm 3 weeks... The new job is really fun so far-- I mean, who wouldn't have fun selling "lotions and potions" (as my mom says). This new job will be a great opportunity that even if I continue subbing or get a REAL teaching job {gasp!!}, I can still work at the store nights and weekends. As most of you know, I am a workaholic, I love working because I love shopping. Shopping is my drug... some people are addicted to other things, I'm addicted to clothes. Even when I was putting my applications out at the mall, I never came home empty handed. It's a sickness... but I'm working on it. Is there a step program for Shopaholics? 

Another great thing happened yesterday-- Leslie and I were approved to move into our apartment in Greenville! I mean, I was pretty sure that we would be approved, but you never know when you have two girls with less than stellar income. I am so excited to move out of Clemson-- as much as I love it here, I am looking forward to exploring a new city. Rather than hearing the question, "HEY!! What year are you??" I'll hear, "Where do you work?" What a nice change, since I am still a little angry at the fact that I graduated.  My next challenge comes with furnishing my new home. Since Berkeley Place (my home for the past three years) was nice enough to supply me with a bed, dresser, etc... that leaves me furniture-less for my new place! So, I am taking ideas of where to find furniture... bring it on. I'm looking forward to the next month or so because Greenville is close enough to Clemson so I can still enjoy a game every now and then, but far enough to start a new chapter here in the South. 

No comments:

Post a Comment