My Blog

...Jessica Leigh...

Sunday, June 27, 2010

SHAPE up

Once I month I receive something in the mail that screams at me, "JESS. WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?!?" This little wake up call is SHAPE magazine. I recently began my torture of subscribing to this magazine about a month or so ago, but SHAPE decided to send me 3 issues back-to-back-to-back. Something like this would usually thrill me, but these magazines just taunt me with what I could be. It shows how "easy" it is to get a flat stomach in 4 weeks... or how you can drop 10 lbs this month... All the things I would love to do but just lack the motivation for. I am a dork and usually when I read shape magazine, I put post-it notes of good workout routines and fun recipes. This "new life style" lasts... oh... a good 24 hours and then it's back to eating whatever. I was just at the pool, "diving" into the May issue and was reading stories about women who didn't have the motivation to change, but now just believe it's time. I can be that women, and I will be. I am here to tell you, blog world, that starting today, June 27th, my life is on track. No, I'll never be a stick figure, and I sincerely don't want to be, but I do want to get back into shape (oh those field hockey days...) Granted, I will never look like Kim Kardashian, Jewel, Lauren Conrad, or the other beauties that grace the cover of the magazine, but I WILL look like who I want to look like. I've heard all my life, "weight is just a number, it's how you feel..." and I completely agree... however, I want my weight to be a number I like. So, you heard it here first. As I change my living location and clean sweep the college years, I will also focus on improving myself, inside and out. Hold on, it's gonna be a bumpy... sweaty ride. 

2 comments:

  1. Want to go out for greasy pizza? :-) Kidding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sure Leslie. SUREEEEEE. We will have no money for greasy pizza once we move, so we should probably get some while we still can.

    ReplyDelete