My Blog

...Jessica Leigh...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Home-ish

I am suddenly feeling incredibly motivated. I've been on a pretty good streak of working out and eating well for a while... but all the sudden I'm just feelin... GOOD! Today I changed my phone number and that also made be breathe a huge sigh of relief. There's something about the fact that only the people I personally contacted now have my number. It's a South Carolina number which also goes along with this new trend I've had. I recently bought a new car... with South Carolina plates AND changed my license to SC. Goodness... there's no traces of New York anywhere. What to do, what to do. I need some Lucio's Pizza or something. OH! I know. I bought a GIANTS decal to put on the back window of my car, that's got to count for something, right? Any ideas on how to hold onto my New York-er-ness (yes, my new word) please leave a comment. I literally have zero NY accent left and probably sound a little Southern to all my New York friends. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MEEEEE!?!??! Y'ALL!!! HELP!!! (Just kidding with the y'all... sort of). I know I called New York "home" in my previous entry, and I probably always will refer to it as "home" ... but it's feeling more and more like my vacation spot everyday. Sorry Mom, that probably made you sad. But anyway, like I've said... I've made myself quite a home down here in the good ol' South. All my college friends are down here and it has a very home-y feeling to it. All I need to complete my home is a furry friend. I really really want a cat. I guess I'll save that for another post.

1 comment: