My Blog

...Jessica Leigh...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oops.

I've never been good at keeping a diary. I guess that's why I suck at keeping a blog... the 21st century diary. Last time I wrote, it was September... just the beginning of the school. Now it's May 15 and I have about two weeks left of school. It's crazy how fast this year has gone. I cannot believe that I'm almost done with my first year of teaching. It has been an amazing experience I thank God everyday that I was able to get a job in this cruddy economy. I have been beyond blessed with the students and co-workers that I have in my life. Although I am far away from my family, I am content with the life I've made for myself here. Do I regret a few things? Sure. Do I wish I was closer to home? Yes. But, life throws you obstacles and this is just one I have to leap over.

I have been tested this whole year with becoming independent. Growing up, I always leaned on my parents. If I didn't know the answer to something, I would just ask Mommy or Daddy. Now with me in the real world... full of insurance and bills and all this other stuff, I am definitely finding myself more independent. I am also more independent in the fact that Jordan moved to Atlanta for work. I am thrilled for him that he has a job he genuinely loves and he can thrive in, but sometimes it's hard not being able to see him whenever I want. I'm used to getting what I want, and I always have, but now it's a little different. His job has crazy hours. He works for the Gwinnett Braves, and when the team has a home stand, (about 7 games in a row) Jordan works 8:30am to 10:30 pm everyday. It's crazy. I definitely could not do that. Anyways, this summer will be great because I'll get to see him every other week, maybe even more.

Well, I'm glad I had a chance to write on here and catch my avid readers up on my life. I am going to make an effort to update this more. Then again, I said that last time... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment